SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

why i quit my job to follow my dreams, issa wrap !






Quitting your job is almost never easy for most. So many questions , so many waves of emotions. Should I quit , should I wait , maybe next year? For me it was simple just QUIT! And quit I did , but it wasn't so simple.

     I knew I hated my job from the day I went for the interview. I dressed in my favorite slimming black pants , my favorite black and white sheer polka dot shirt , some cute flats and of course my makeup was on fleek. I knew the job would be mine. But something was missing. The walls were gray, and everything looked outdated. Nothing about this place screamed "you'll be happy here." But I needed the job. What I didn't know was that I was about to enter the biggest battle of my life. A spiritual battle. Every day was something, my faith was being tested day after day. Backstabbing women , wacky doctor , no one wanted to work but everyone wanted to be the boss. I loved my clients , it was the other hens I hated ( no tea no shade ).  Working in a workplace with all women can be very challenging , the hate was REAL ! Also because it was commission based things got ugly all the time. I spent most of my days imagining a day I didn't have to go back to that place. It took 3 1/2 LONG years before I quit. Now I know what you're thinking
  "guurrrrllla how you telling us to quit our job and it took you 3 years to quit yours !"
   LET ME EXPLAIN .


I knew I was destined for greatness from the day I started walking and talking. I just didn't have a clear and concise account for what I wanted to do or who I wanted to be. Once I got all of that figured out , a game plan needed to be put into action. And step 1 was getting rid of my 9- til whenever. My job didn't allow me much time to dream , and or to breathe. I was constantly under stress and pressure. I was always picking up the slack of others until one day it hit me ! How the fu*k can you build someone else's dream and not your own ?! It was in that moment I had an epiphany , and realized I had wasted enough time working for someone else and not for myself
Jacqueline Simone & Company. From that day forward my mind was clear , my goals seemed so close. I was a girl with a plan. Everyday I would drive home and to think to myself " what the fu*k am I doing?" This is not what God intended for me , my dreams aren't aligning with my reality. And I'll be damned if I let another year pass me by. I told myself and the universe by the end of 2017 I can't be stuck in the same place I need a new opportunity. One that allows me to focus on my vision , that lets me travel , that lets me dream , and most importantly an opportunity where I am  H AP P Y !  I prayed this prayer for months , time flew by , it was already 12/31/2016 .. time was winding down.

   I was able to quit my job in January 2017 for a bigger and better opportunity.  I was so happy everything happened so fast. And GUESS this I'm H A P P Y ! I'm able to focus on The Virtuous Girl brand. After a much long anticipated wait I was able to release The Virtuous Girl blog. I get so much time off from work I'm able to dream which is important to me , I'm able to get alone time away from the hustle and bustle of work to gather my thoughts. Which is also very important.

Everybody has dreams , goals , aspirations whatever you want to call them. And no matter how big or small they are achievable! To me following my dreams and doing what I want to do is my only priority. How sad is that, to go through life knowing you didn't follow your dreams ? When your  kids ask "Mommy what did you want to be when you grow up?" And you can't answer , uhh the GUILT I would feel knowing that I didn't live up to my potential. I want to be able to answer that question confidently , boldly, and proudly. I am who I am , I did what I wanted.
 Believe in you first , hold your dream/s close to your heart. Never give up. Things will look like they aren't coming together no matter how hard you try but trust me they will. Go to your secret place, have that talk with God and the universe let your plans be heard and stay diligent. Always remember Virtuous Girl " The starting point of all achievement is desire."
I M P O R T A N T 
                * never quit without a back up , make sure all your ducks are in a row*
If you would like me to go further in detail drop those comments in the comment section don't be scared !!! 
Also results may vary don't be CRAZY !

5 comments :

  1. This is so inspirational, even though it's a job that you dislike, you still stayed until something greater came along. I love this so much and it's so inspiring to go after your dreams and to not give up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you found this post to be inspiring , I look forward to creating more content to appeal to your liking.

      Delete
  2. I LOVED THIS .... OMG IM SOOOO PROUD OF U ... I love u πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜˜πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ™ŒπŸΌ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hugs and kisses , thank you for reading ! I love you tooo !

      Delete
  3. Humorous and so on track. It speaks volumes for those hesitant to leave their jobs. Far too many remain too long. You've done a great job!!! Keep pushing forward.

    ReplyDelete